Are you in search of a one-year MBA program in the USA that offers the best with so much flexibility and other good things? Not to worry, we have listed out the one-year MBA programs in the USA that will help you in developing your business decision-making abilities, its requirements, and the cost.
In other words, the reason the graduate schools of the USA stand out among management program seekers is that the USA is the birthplace of the MBA program, which Originated for providing a more scientific and methodological approach to business management.
So, just relax and read further to get answers to the questions you are asking.
So, before we continue, let’s go through the table of content below to get an overview of what the article entails.
What Is An MBA?
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a graduate program that is an internationally-recognized degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. It is also a terminal and a professional degree.
However, there are core courses in MBA that cover the different areas in business administration, which are:
- Applied statistics
- Human resources
- Business communication
- Business ethics,
- Business law
- Managerial economics
- Supply-chain management
- Operations management
What Does Studying MBA In the USA Look Like?
MBA programs in the USA are world-renowned for giving students a competitive edge in the business world through excellent education, diverse specialized programs, and unparalleled networking opportunities and resources.
Regardless of the major focus, most American business schools will train you in the principle of general business management.
However, American universities also offer a wealth of specialized M.B.A. programs and classes to tailor your degree.
Depending on your intended career goals, you’ll find programs that offer a more focused approach, including business administration, finance, human resources, information technology, marketing, nonprofit administration, and more.
In other words, the American higher education system is different at every level. Foundational principles and theories must be taught, but they are only mastered through practice.
What Is A 1-Year MBA Program?
A One-Year MBA Program is your fastest path to an MBA. It is designed to build upon your business fundamentals and get you back in the workforce with new skills and knowledge that will move your career forward.
However, 1 year MBA allows you to bypass core classes and quickly dive into advanced studies that are customized to your career goals and set you apart from the competition. Also, it decreases costs and also enables you to increase your income more quicker.
What Is The Cost Of Earning A 1-Year MBA Program In the USA?
According to Times Higher Education ranking by subject, the USA holds a special place among top MBA study destinations. Its universities and colleges are often in the top 10 list of international rankings.
However, an MBA has many things in it, like its popularity, top-quality, practical, useful, etc. You can expect to pay within the range of 5,000 to over 7,000 EUR per academic year for an MBA.
Admission Requirements For A 1 Year MBA program In the USA
Choosing an MBA(Master of Business Administration) is a life-changing decision and also is one of the most sought-after programs among students worldwide.
Also, an MBA is so versatile they are almost a guarantee for career success and a must for most global companies looking for knowledgeable managers.
However, below are the entry requirement for an MBA in the USA
- A four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or its international equivalent
- A minimum of two to three years of work experience, depending on your responsibilities
- A Personal Statement
- Two letters of professional recommendation
- Proof of English proficiency(TOFEL is commonly required with a minimum score of 550-600 paper-based and 213-250 computer-based).
- GMAT score is 600 and above(which is probably the most important).
Although some business schools may accept candidates without any work experience, they will give priority to those candidates that have a professional background.
You Can Check This Top 16 Online Associate of Business Administration Degree Programs
How Do I Apply For A 1-Year MBA Program In USA?
The application differs depending on the university you are applying to. Firstly, you need to complete the school application(the school you are applying).
However, below is an example of how you can apply to an MBA program in USA
- Take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (may be waived according to criteria of the school)
- Begin your application by visiting the School Graduate webpage or linking directly to the Graduate School Application.
- Upload to the application all required admissions documents
- You can now begin the process of enrollment. However, these documents are to be submitted during the application
- Current resume
- official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended (including high school AP credits)
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
Benefit Of A (1) Year Master Program
Never undervalue the power of pursuing a specialized Master’s degree straight after your Bachelor’s degree. Many employers expect to see a Master’s degree in higher-level positions.
However, many top business schools also understand the challenge graduates face in finding employment straight after graduation, which is why many schools (notably in Europe) set a compulsory three- to six-month internship as part of their Master’s program.
The experience will definitely improve your profile, and internships can transform into full-time employment opportunities. It will also make you more confident and fully operational when entering the job market.
Therefore, below are some of the benefits of 1 year MBA program
- You will gain top knowledge in the area of your expertise
- Gain access to career services centers from your school and privileged job offers.
- Also, you will gain experience through your internship.
- It Increases your job responsibilities and salary.
- Gain greater access to opportunities and career change.
- Also, Take advantage of long-term networking opportunities via your peers and alumni.
List Of 1 Year MBA Programs In the USA
A one-year MBA program in the US seems like a great value plan. In just 12 months, you’re back in the job market, ready to hit the ground running.
However, one-year US MBA programs, even though they’re faster, may not be for everybody.
Many of these programs are designed for students who have clear ideas for what they want to do after graduation or for those who already have some background knowledge in business. Also, many one-year MBAs start in the summer.
Below is the list of the year MBA programs
- University of Pittsburgh
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- University of Southern California (USC)
- Emory University
- Cornell University
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Florida
- Southern Methodist University (SMU)
- Pepperdine University
- F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business
We will be explaining of some of the schools below.
University of Pittsburgh – Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business
In 1963, Katz became the first US business school to offer a one-year MBA program. Since then, a lot has changed. The school has diversified its offerings by adding a two-year program as well—but the one-year program has held strong, generally catering to an older, more experienced cohort with clearly defined career goals.
- Rankings: The school’s MBA is ranked in Businessweek, The Economist, and The Financial Times
- Unique requirements: GMAT score of at least 600; at least two years of work experience
- Intake: May
Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
Kellogg’s program, started in 1965, was one of the first one-year MBAs in the country. Students start the MBA in June when they take three to five courses during the summer session.
They then join up with the second year of the traditional two-year MBA program and finish the following June.
- Rankings: The school’s full-time MBA is ranked in Businessweek, The Economist, and The Financial Times.
- Unique requirements: Students should have at completed at least three core business courses (from a list of six) before applying
- Intake: June
You Can Also Check This Best Business Schools
University of Southern California (USC) – Marshall School of Business
Los Angeles, California
Established in 1978, USC’s IBEAR MBA has made a name for itself as the premier one-year MBA program in southern California. One key feature in this program is that it gives students a chance to pursue a 4-month long consulting experience with a real client company.
- Rankings: USC’s full-time MBA is ranked in Businessweek, The Economist, and The Financial Times.
- Unique requirements: At least six years of work experience. The program is designed for mid-career professionals training for a global leadership position.
- Intake: July
Emory University – Goizueta Business School
Students in Emory’s one-year MBA, which launched in 1983, start in May with a “summer experience,” which includes a boot camp-like foray into core business topics like accounting, economics, statistics, and even an Excel review. In the fall and spring semesters, students search specific topics through electives.
- Rankings: The school’s full-time MBA is ranked by The Economist, Businessweek, and The Financial Times.
- Unique requirements: Candidates should either have an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field like engineering or be able to otherwise demonstrate strong quantitative skills.
- Intake: May
Cornell University – Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Ithaca, New York
Cornell’s the only Ivy League school to offer a one-year MBA. At Cornell, one-year students can choose to pursue a range of concentrations, from Consulting to Corporate Finance and Marketing Analytics.
They can also take courses from other Cornell schools, such as the School of Hotel Administration and the College of Engineering. Also, Cornell also offers a one-year, technology-focused MBA in New York City.
- Rankings: Cornell’s full-time MBA is ranked in Businessweek, The Financial Times, and The Economist.
- Unique requirements: Applicants should have an advanced degree, such as a Ph.D. or an MA, or certification like a CFA or CPA.
- Intake: May
Pepperdine University – Graziadio School of Business and Management
Los Angeles, California
Pepperdine’s Accelerated MBA program comes in two options: a 12-month program designed for students with an undergraduate degree in business or a 15-month flavor for those without.
In the 15-month version, students can take a whole trimester to study abroad and pursue an increased range of specialization options.
- Rankings: Pepperdine’s full-time MBA program is ranked by Businessweek.
- Unique requirements: The 12-month option requires an undergraduate degree in business; both options require at least three years of work experience.
- Intake: August
In conclusion, one year MBA program is your fastest path of an MBA. It is designed to build upon your business fundamentals and get you back in the workforce with new skills and knowledge that will move your career forward.
However, the experience will definitely improve your profile, and internships can transform into full-time employment opportunities. It will also make you more confident and fully operational when entering the job market.
Does MBA Guarantee career success?
MBA is challenging but not difficult to graduate. The easy answer is “most likely not”. But, as you’ll probably learn during your MBA, your attitude makes up over 50% of your professional success, anyway.
How long does ti take t complete MBAs/
Traditional MBA (Master of Business Administration) programs typically take two years to complete. One-year MBA programs, also known as accelerated MBA programs, or 12-month MBA programs, cut that time in half while also saving on tuition and time away from work.
Average tuition fee for MBAs?
Although the cost of an MBA degree can vary, the average tuition for a two-year full-time MBA program exceeds $50,000 to $60,000. If you attend one of the top business schools in the US, you can expect to pay as much as $100,000 or more in tuition and fees.
Is MBA worth it?
Yes, it worth it. A 1 year program lets you get back to work within a year and in the second year, you work, earn and gain valuable post-MBA experience. Also, it is more suited for aspirants with quality Pre-MBA work experience.
Leading MBA destination?
USA is still the reigning leader of MBA. The rising fame of worldwide elite MBA programs are only inspiring the reputed US MBA programs to excel and stay in the game.
- Masters Of Business Administration MBA | 11 Facts You Need To Know
- University of Maryland Medical School Ranking | Best Reviews, Programs, Admission
- Top 16 Online Associate of Business Administration Degree Programs
- 15 Best Pharmacy Tech Online Schools In The World | Best Ranking
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.