Carpenters are skilled artisans who construct, erect, install and renovate structures made of wood and other materials, Carpenter needed in Canada by Good 2 Build Construction Inc 30 ranging from kitchen cabinets to building frameworks. They work in various areas of construction.
Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools. Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
We are looking to hire a skilled carpenter with knowledge of various carpentry techniques. You will be responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to a client’s requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry or have equivalent experience in the field.
Responsibilities Carpenter needed in Canada:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
Requirements Carpenter needed in Canada:
- High school diploma.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or a minimum of 4 years experience as a journey-level carpenter.
- Additional certification may be required.
- Good communication skills.
- Physically fit with good hand-eye coordination.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
- Location: 6660 Kennedy Rd Mississauga, ONL5T 2M9
- Salary: $26.00HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
ALAO READ MORE ON:Princeton University Scholarships 2022 Fully Funded Apply Now
3 years to less than 5 yearsSpecific SkillsFit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardwarePrepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring toolsRead and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirementsMeasure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materialsBuild foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systemsMaintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishmentsPersonal SuitabilityEffective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Judgement; Values and ethics; Reliability;
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.