Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2022: Applying for the fully-funded Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships aimed at students of developing Commonwealth countries to study and earn a degree program in the United Kingdom.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
Scholarships to be taken at: Participating Institutions in UK.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Study level: Masters
Number of Awards: Several.
Scholarship Worth: Amount not stated, but fully-funded.
Nationality: International Students (Commonwealth countries).
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2022 | Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
- Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
Selection criteria include:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities will usually put forward their selected candidates to the CSC which will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme. Universities will inform candidates of their results upon selection.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2022 must apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. See list of participating universities and eligible courses.
You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying. You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
Start Application or Access the online application form.
Your application must usually include the following supporting documentation in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- At least one reference– submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- An offer letter to start their chosen course of study in the 2020-2021 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
The CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted outside the online application system.
Supporting documentation uploaded to the online application system must be uploaded as files that are no more than 5 MB in size and must be in one of the following formats: PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg. Files submitted in any other format (including Zip files and PDF Portfolios) will NOT be accepted.
Sign Up for our newsletter not to miss out on any of our updates.
Application Deadline: 18:00 (GMT) on 15 March 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details