You can apply for the DAAD Government of Germany Scholarships 2023. This is Germany’s biggest scholarship program for international students. Scholars may apply for this scholarship if they plan to complete full-time master’s and doctoral degree programs at top German universities. Masters/MPhil, MBA, LLM, and Ph.D. Degrees are available in a variety of academic fields. Study at German Universities of Outstanding Prestige. Germany covers the entire cost of the tuition.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
As well as receiving 800-1200 Euros each month, you will receive airfare tickets. A Master’s Degree takes an average of 1 to 2 years to complete and Ph.D takes an average of 3 years. The German Government annually supports approximately 100,000 students from abroad and throughout Germany. As a consequence, Germany is becoming one of the most popular destinations for international students.
This is why Germany is considered one of the world’s top scholarship destinations. Tuition is free at German universities. The German Government Scholarship does not require an application fee. Detailed information about the Government of Germany Scholarships 2023 can be found below.
Detailed Information About DAAD Government of Germany Scholarships 2023
- Name of Country: Germany
- Scholarship By: Funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development)
- Course Level: Masters/MPhil, MBA, LLM, PhD
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Time period: 12 Months or 24 Months for masters, 36 Months for Ph.D
- Deadline: Various, depending on the institution
Benefits of the DAAD Government of Germany Scholarships
This scholarship covers all study-related expenses in Germany.
- Tuition fees are fully covered.
- In accordance with academic level, graduates receive 850 euros per month, and doctoral candidates receive 1,200 euros per month.
- Medical, liability, and accident insurance are included.
- A monthly rent subsidy is provided.
- Allowances are given to accompanying family members.
Available Academic Fields
These academic fields are available at the DAAD Scholarships 2023.
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine/Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Media Studies
Eligibility Standard DAAD Scholarship 2023
- Open to All Developing Countries. Click here for List of Developing Countries.
- Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) in a relevant subject is required.
- He/she should not have academic degrees older than six years.
- Professional experience of at least two years is required.
For the DAAD Government of Germany Scholarships 2023, the deadline varies from course to course.
Duration of the funding
12 to 42 months (dependent on study programme)
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
How to apply
The application process for the DAAD Government of Germany Scholarships 2023 is online. You can apply by visiting the official website of the DAAD.