If you are an engineer looking for a high-paying Engineering Jobs in Canada in one of the best countries in the world, look no further than Canada.
Some of the best engineering jobs in Canada for immigrants include well-paying opportunities that have been made available to continue the Canadian government’s initiative to maintain economic growth.
While Canada has not been as affected by the Covid-19 pandemic as many other countries around the world, it is focused on rebuilding what was lost from 2019 to 2021.
The country has made efforts and created some of the best immigration programs and jobs in Canada to provide job security for everyone, not just its residents.
Intended to welcome over 1.2 million immigrants over the next three years (2021-2023), the Canada Express Entry System has enabled many foreigners to apply for and obtain a Canadian visa to relocate and work.
in Canada. What’s next for immigration to one of the top-ranked countries for quality of life in the world? Well, if you’re an engineer, you probably want to use your skills to create buildings, infrastructure, and all kinds of properties, right?
Where better to do it than in one of the richest, most modern, and secure countries in the world? Do not forget either the strong and stable economy, which promises very competitive wages in all fields of work.
Why Immigrate to Canada as an Engineer?
The field of engineering is incredibly large. Because Canada is such a large country, its continued expansion and development require skilled workers, which is why Canadian companies are hiring in countries around the world.Advertisements
If you have skills in any area of engineering, have work experience and training, and meet the requirements of one of the Canadian immigration programs, moving to Canada is one of the best decisions in an engineering career that you can take. In fact, there are so many engineering jobs in Canada for immigrants that companies are willing to pay more for someone to take on an engineering job than anywhere else in the world. With that in mind, even if you don’t qualify to qualify for an immigration program now, if you are determined to land a job in Canada, you can make it. This can be done by gaining a qualification or work experience to increase your Comprehensive Classification System (CRS) score and apply again when you are ready.
12 Highest-Paying Canadian Engineering Jobs
|Highest-Paying Engineering Jobs|
|Biomedical Engineer||$51,200 to $151,000|
|Project Management||$56,250 to $150,000|
|Civil Engineer||$62,000 to $135,732|
|Government Sector Engineer||$50,764 to $122,880|
|Mechanical Engineer||$39,379 to $110,764|
|Software Engineer||$92,088 to $110,764|
|Electric Engineer||$74,992 to $107,500|
|Engineering Inspector||$66,000 to $95,000|
|Structural Engineer||$66,000 to $95,000|
|Transportation Engineer||$66,000 to $95,000|
|Architect||$66,000 to $95,000|
|Geotechnical Engineer||$56,121 to $92,313|
Best Immigration Options Available
With a high enough CRS score, you can land one of the highest-paying engineering jobs in Canada.
To qualify and find the right immigration program for you, you can consider two options depending on what is best for you:
1. Express Entry System
Engineers are in Skill Type A, National Occupational Category (CNP), which indicates their eligibility to apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program as a Skilled Worker. To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following conditions:
- A minimum of at least one year’s work experience, which is equivalent to about 1,560 hours in the past ten years in the field you are applying for.
- Language proficiency in English and/or French to communicate in your job effectively. To prove that your language skills are good, you must pass a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) test and earn at least a score of 7 in each of the four categories, including reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Proof of qualifications, which can be presented with an Education Credential Assessment (ECA) that must be completed for every qualification that you have. If you don’t have a master’s qualification, you can also enroll in the Canadian institute to complete your master’s degree in your field of study, part-time. While you don’t need a master’s qualification to apply for jobs in Canada, it will help you land your job faster and possibly a higher paying job too.
- Proof of funds to show that you can support yourself and your family in Canada, as well as if you have to return to your home country.
- Eligibility to immigrate to Canada, which means that you must have a clean criminal record, a medical certificate that details your clean bill of health, prove that you are adaptable to Canadian society and that you will contribute to the economy through means of getting a job.
Provincial Nomination Program (PNP)
To apply for a PNP, you must apply for Provincial Nomination. The program requires that you first choose the province in which you wish to live and work, which you must specify in your Express Entry profile that you create online.
The next step is to check if the province you want to move to and find a job that needs engineers in your industry. Once requested by the province of your choice, your profile will be measured against your CRS score of 1200 points. The more requirements you complete, the higher your score will be and the more eligible you will be for the Canadian government. If you apply for a job and get a permanent job offer in a province, your CRS score will also increase significantly, which may guarantee you an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada.